Kuwait’s government is doing their best to regulate the country and make it a safe place for its residents. Like any other countries in Middle East, Kuwait is strict when it comes to driving and traffic policies. This is the reason why you should be more careful in the road when you are driving your own car here. If you are not cautious, you might be paying fines and spend your time in jail for months.
Also Read: Getting a Driving License in Kuwait
For expats driving their car on the way to work, home, shopping malls, supermarkets, and other places, it is your responsibility to follow traffic rules, otherwise, it will cost you extra money to pay for fines. For the list of major traffic fines and violations in Kuwait, here is a list we’ve gathered for you.
Major Traffic Violations and Fines in Kuwait
- A fine of a minimum of KD100 for driving without a driving license.
- A fine of a minimum of KD100 for reckless driving imposing danger to passengers, motorists, and pedestrians.
- A fine of a minimum of KD100 for not stopping and reporting the police that there has been an accident.
- A fine of a minimum of KD100 for violating plate number policies.
- A fine of a minimum of KD100 for exceeding speed limits.
- A fine of a minimum of KD75 for causing an accident and damaging private and public properties.
- A fine of a minimum of KD75 for driving a vehicle with brake problems.
- A fine of a minimum of KD75 for letting a person drive without a driving license.
- A fine of a minimum of KD25 for driving someone’s car without permission.
- A fine of a minimum of KD25 for violating the driving license conditions.
- A fine of a minimum of KD25 for overloading.
- A fine of a minimum of KD15 for modifying a car part without permission.
- A fine of a minimum of KD15 for driving less than the minimum speed and causing traffic problems.
Also Read: 5 Interesting Parks in Kuwait
The Kuwait government has implemented an online system which the residents can use for queries about violations and fines and how to pay a violation was committed. This helps residents to pay violation fees with ease, along with other fines in terms of traveling and relocating. You can use this list to determine whether you’ve violated a rule and need to pay a fine for your bail.
If you have friends and family members who are driving in Kuwait, make sure to let them know about this list so they will be guided if they travel in Kuwait. To prevent future losses, you should always be careful on driving and take keep in mind that there are fees.