What’s Huroob and How Can You Exit Saudi Without Jail

We are going to talk about Huroob and how can expats exist from Saudi Arabia without spending time in jail. A lot of you may not know what Huroob is which is why it is really important that you research and read something about Saudi labor law before you move into the country.

Also Read: Alcohol Law in Saudi Arabia

It is such a great opportunity to be able to work in one of the leading countries in the Middle East. If you are an expat who’s currently in this region, you should know by now that it is difficult for some people to get a job especially in Saudi Arabia where strict rules are being implemented. So as an expat employee, you must know how important Huroob is and how you can be able to exit the country without getting sentenced to months or year of jail. Here’s what you need to know.

Jail Huroob

What is Huroob?

Huroob is known as running away, absconding, and absenteeism from work. Say, for instance, if you are absent from work for a specified period of time without letting your employer know about the reason, you are choosing to become Huroob in this scenario. Expect that your employer will report you to the passport authorities.

How Can You Exit Saudi Without Jail?

If you meet the following conditions, you can go home without spending time in jail:

  • You surrender yourself to the deportation center by going to your country’s embassy in Saudi Arabia.
  • You should not have any fines or penalties recorded under your Iqama.
  • You should be able to pay your one-way ticket to your homeland.
  • Your own embassy in Saudi Arabia should be able to request from the Saudi government to take away your Huroob status and permit you to leave from the country in the next 72 hours.

Also Read: Fines for Expats with Expired IQAMAS in Saudi Arabia

Here’s a detailed process to exit the country:

  • Contact or go to your own embassy in Saudi Arabia. Most of the times, your embassy is crowded you need to be patient during the registration and application process.
  • After receiving your registration, your embassy will check any charges under your name or cases filed against you. It is recommended that you let your embassy check it all for you because if you use another method to check your status and they find you on Huroob, they will definitely put you in jail.
  • If you don’t have your passport with you, you can apply for a one-way passport to exit Saudi Arabia. This is called an emergency passport.
  • After obtaining your emergency passport, you will need to report to the deportation center for fingerprinting.
  • After the fingerprinting, your embassy will process all your documents to take the Huroob status away and if everything goes fine, you will be able to exit Saudi after.

Even if you have a Huroob status, you can still go home without wasting your time in jail, provided you coordinate with your embassy as early as possible. Don’t forget to share this with your family and friends!

Leave a Comment