There are things you need to keep in mind if you don’t want to go to jail once you’ve stepped out of the plane in UAE. These are literally things you used to bring back when you are still in your home country. Being an Islamic country, there are prohibited materials within the vicinity of UAE. To know more about the prohibition, continue reading the rest of this article.
Also Read: Things You Should Know About UAE if You’re a First-Time Visitor
If you are here in UAE for work, business, or just a vacation, you must still abide by the rules if you want to avoid troubles and traveling issues. Almost all the countries in the Middle East have established rules in terms of what to bring and what to not bring when entering the country. Some rules apply, some rules differ. For UAE, here are the top 15 things you avoid carrying.
Prohibitions on Specific Things
- Don’t bring narcotic drugs of any kind upon entering the country. If you do so, you won’t be able to enter UAE or worst, you won’t be able to leave the country without a heavy punishment.
- 2. Don’t bring imported smuggled goods.
- 3. Avoid bringing goods with Israeli logos or trademarks.
- 4. Rhinoceros horns and crude ivory are prohibited within the country.
- 5. Don’t carry home-cooked food while traveling to UAE.
- Fake and forged money is not allowed.
- Equipment used for gambling is strictly prohibited.
- Substances damaged by radiation cannot be brought within the country.
- Don’t bring fishing nets with 3 layers.
- Sculptures, engravings, and statues of any kind are not allowed to bring into the country. If you’re an artist and want to do your art here in UAE, better to start your artwork once you arrive at your apartment or house.
- Avoid bringing second-hand tires. UAE is a country that prohibits the manipulation of cars and vehicles.
Also Read: 5 Reasons Why You Should Work in Dubai
- Medicines, chemicals, and drugs that shouldn’t be brought in the country should be avoided. You may check the website of Dubai customs to know what to bring and what not to.
- Poppy seeds are banned in UAE. Make sure to avoid bringing bakery ingredients that have seed in it.
- Don’t bring your medications if you don’t have your doctor’s prescription. You need a valid document to defend yourself for bringing such drugs into the country.
- It’s better to leave anything that would disrespect the Islamic religion at home.
It is recommended to bring clothes and other important things for an expat going to the UAE. If you’re going to live here for a year or more, you will be able to buy your other essential needs. Don’t put yourself in trouble because you didn’t understand the terms beforehand. Share this information to raise awareness.